Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Down The Memory Lane 'A Floral Tribute

When i lie back on my couch and retrospect, many forlorn memories flash across the screen of mind.They are very much
like granny's bed time stories about which it seems, sometimes we remember and sometimes we tend to forget.We come across many people but some of them matter to us.They touch our life and make a sound impression on our heart.One day we hear that any of them has departed to his/her Heavenly Abode,and thus we just go on missing that person throughout the life.Only the memories are left to treasure.
For me, my grand parents whom i lovingly used to call Baba /Dada showered their heart on me .Their name was Vishnu Swaroop and Hari Devi.They used to call me Puttan.I was apple of their eyes.Then it was my father Dwarika Nath Srivastava "Dwarkesh".I miss him so much in every stage of life.I used to call him Pitajee.He was my biggest supporter in life and had immense faith in me.He used to bring gifts for me all the time.When i passed Intermediate Examination in July 1981,i asked him to get me a stereo record player,and he bought me one,from Punjab Gramophone House,Aminabad,Lucknow.Then in 1982,he gifted me a Citizen Quartz wrist watch.Once, i remember; he went to Hardoi on official visit and got me a sweater as a gift.For many many years i proudly used to wear his shirts,ties,coats and sweaters.He had been a man of taste.Always well dressed and soft spoken.I am proud to be his son.I lost him unfortunately on 24-11-1989.He was my hero and would always remain so.Pitajee i miss you so much.
Apart from them ,i fondly rememberMr.Shanti Prasad, popularly known as Shanti Babu,a close friend of my Pitajee;They used to sing songs together as both of them vere avid fans of music and songs; Pitajee was fan of Mukesh,Hemant Kumar,Talat Mehmood and Kishore Kumar,whereas Shanti Babu was Mohammad Rafi's devotee. I am happy that he was present on my marriage reception to bless me.Mr.C.P.Saxena of Kathgodam,MrS.C.Saxena,Mr.Lallan Parasad,,Mr.A.P.Mishra'Unmatt Ji', my pitajee's childhood friend from Pratapgarh, and a poet, he wrote "Mati O Mahtari", "Prahri Sawdhan" and many other Awadhi poems,Squadran Leader Vipin Bihari Srivastava,Mr.Raj Kumar Srivastava, who helped our family in our times of need and stood by us,always extended moral and emotional supporet to us,Adawal Auntie, an epitome of affection and motherly love,Mr and Mrs Krishna Mohan Srivastava,Kamla Baijal Auntie; my close friend Salil Baijal's mother who used to talk to me affectionately and sometimes cooked Ghuiyan Ki Sabzi with Desi Ghee Parathas.I miss that taste. Mr and Mrs Mahesh Prasad Srivastava, in whose house i used to live in Banda, when i was mentally and emotionally very upset on unfortunate turn of events in my life after father's death.They treated me with love,though i was a stranger for them.They welcomed me with open arms and treated me with affection and love,i was like a family member for them."Ammajee",was like a mother figure for me.She used to make morning tea for me and she herself used to come to my room and give that glass full of tea to me.Such a noble soul they used to be. Later their eldest son Sharad and myself grew into intimte friends,Dr.(Mrs.)Pramila Srivastava my sister Shilpi's mom in law and an authority on Mathematics as a professor of Maths in Allahabad University,she was a woman much ahead of her times.Her intellect and behaviour was just a class above.my Taujee Mr.Vishambhar Nath Srivastava 'Mister',who affectionately used to call me 'Babu Sahab'.My Younger brother kaivalya was 'Rai Sahab' for him.I remember that in my childhood and teenage years;i used to call him Bhaiya.Mr.D.K.Srivastava,popularly known as my mother's one and only" Daddan Mama", my friend Mr.K.D.Gupta have always been close to my heart as they are alive in my memories.I still feel their affection and love.They were gems among humans,an ornament to my heartfelt emotions.I miss them.
"Bade shauq se zamaana sun raha tha magar,Tumhee so gaye dastan kahte kahte".
Those who live in the heart of others never die.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment