Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Song I Sing

I sing a song,
a song that tampers
far too long.
I sing of God,
His wonders prime.
His Godliness,
His bliss sublime.
I sing of Nature’s
Countless forms,
Pristine beauty;
Myriad charms.
Of sun and moon
Of stars I sing,
Of waters too,That sweet so ring.
Their lilting note,
Play birds around.
Enchanting all,
With animating sound.
I sing of love,
That man so bound;
And barrierless
Went all around.
I sing of man,
His heart and soul.
And on this earth
His mystique role.
How once his glory,
Shone in glue;
Unmoved,undaunted
Ages through.
And gone is he
So off his may ,
With every night,
And every day.
That having lost
His base, he hangs,
In disbalance,
And pain he pangs.
In between earth,
So down below,
And heavens up
That lofty so.
With science and wisdom,
Wealth and brain.
But wishful thinking,
Lost in vain.
He totters wingless,
Bidding to sail,
With failing nerves,
And powers pale.
But man has faltered,
Of his tune,
Finding himself
So immune.
He lost his virtue,
And his grace.
That flew so rapid,
Of his face.
He reals in vice.
And dwells in sin.
Yet race of life;
He hopes to Win.

This song had been
written by my father
Late Dwarika Nath Srivastava
"Dwarkesh."
This song celebrates
the spirit of life.It
provides inspiration
and solace.A noble
insight to make life
more meaningful.I
wanted to share it
with my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment